We have Kelley Vitollo with us for our latest interview.
Welcome to Confession, Kelley.
- Tell us about yourself. When did you start writing? Why did you choose this genre?
Hi! Thanks for having me. I’ve always loved writing. I fell out of it for a few years because I was so busy working. When we moved to California I became a stay-at-home mom for the first time. I was in a new state and lonely a lot which led to me picking up reading again. I accidentally fell into romance, but loved it immediately. I decided to try my hand at writing it and as they say, the rest is history J.
- I understand Lucky Break is your first adult romance novel published, how does it feel? How long did it take you to complete? How long did the idea for it kick around in your head before you set it to print?
I’m lucky because I’m a pretty fast writer. I saw Entangled and loved what they were doing and really wanted to be a part of it. I’d had an idea about a down-on-her-luck actress for a while, so I sat down and brainstormed for a few days and wrote the book in about a month. It’s an AMAZING feeling to have LUCKY BREAK out in the wild. I feel so honored.
- Lucky Break was inspired by your own love story, we read. Can you share your first meeting with your husband? When did you know he was “the one”?
It was, in a way inspired by us. Just the aspect that we were from a small town and were good friends. Honestly, I don’t remember the moment we met. He just started hanging out with my friends and I and we became close. He used to flirt, but I thought it was harmless. My mom used to tell me we would be together one day and I thought she was crazy! I kept telling her we were just friends. Then one night we were hanging out. It was winter and he was building a fire. He looked really deep in thought. I asked him what he was thinking about and he replied, “you”. We’ve been together ever since!
- You write YA under the name Nyrae Dawn. What made you start writing YA and when did you start writing and publishing YA? Writing YA was a little more recent than my adult writing.
A friend of mine bought me a YA and forced me to read it and I fell in love. There’s something very fresh and exciting about it. Most of my YA is self-published, the first having come out in April. I have a YA, MISPLACED coming from Entangled in 2013.
- And the last and most important question: what was your reaction when you read that Entangled is publishing your the second book… a sequel of the first one
SO very excited!! I love reading and writing books in a series and I wanted nothing more than to visit Shamrock Falls again!
Thanks for being here, Kelley.
Thank you for having me!
You can find Kelley here: